Our physicians staff sleep centers throughout northern Michigan.
All of the Sleep Centers indicated (Gaylord and Petoskey) are credentialed with the American Board of Sleep Medicine (AASM) as we believe this demands higher standards.
What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You
Sleeping problems are a fact of modern life. It is estimated that one out of three Americans has trouble falling or staying asleep.
A good night’s sleep restores energy to the body and revitalizes the brain. Sleep disorders can affect both physical and emotional health, plus appetite, social relationships, sexual behaviors, and work performance.
Although sleep disorders affect millions of people, most don’t recognize the symptoms. Even fewer realize that once detected, most sleep disorders can be corrected. That is where The Sleep Center can help.
How did you sleep?
Asking is a common courtesy, but too often, the answer is not a good one. If you answer yes to two or more of the question below, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder.
- Do you snore?
- Are you sleepy during the day?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you wake up with morning headaches?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you irritable, fatigued, or have difficulty concentrating?
- Do you find it hard to stay awake while driving, watching TV, reading a book, or attending a meeting?
- Do you ever wake up choking, gasping for air, or have a skipping or racing heartbeat during the night?
- Has anyone told you that you hold your breath, snort, and move often during sleep?